We are an independent fire protection design firm established to optimize the profit margins of code-compliant fire protection engineering projects.
Why work with Plano?
Our team of designers and engineers work closely with you to develop a system that meets your objectives, insurance requirements, and the latest fire codes and specifications. Our in-house design team uses BIM and CAD technology to design and specify complete fire protection systems.
Our team of consultants, drafters, and designers with more than 20 years of experience in the field of engineering and installation have the expertise you're looking for.
PLANO's superior design services achieve accurate, technically correct construction documentation—which equals cost savings. By moving the engineering effort up front in the design process, PLANO can level the playing field among installing contractors and permit more aggressive and competitive bidding.
PLANO provides the level of service that is best suited to compliment your preferred method of project delivery:
- Performance specifications
- Scope drawings and performance specifications
- Complete coordinated design drawings including specifications and hydraulic calculations
- Complete installation drawings including cut lengths, hanger locations and earthquake bracing (shop drawings)
- Shop drawing review (third party plan review)
- Construction administration (quality control)
Clients using our Fire Protection Design Services can benefit as follows:
- 15-25% savings over other project delivery methods
- Technically correct system
- Compliance with engineering law
- Aesthetic considerations where desired
- Comprehensive coordination with other disciplines during design phase
- Comprehensive design package for bidding and construction administration
- Eliminates surprises during construction and project close-out
- Professional supervision of installation work via field observations
- Lower inspection, testing and maintenance costs